Jammy Custard are an animation studio. They partner with marketing and advertising agencies, and work with clients of shapes and sizes to help them tell their stories and connect with their audience.
When Jammy Custard started working with Mustard, they felt they had all the right ingredients to be a successful company, but like a lot of small companies, felt that they had reached an invisible ceiling.
They wanted someone to come in and make sense of who they were, what they had, what they could improve, and what they were missing
The directors, Patrick and Matt, were highly motivated and passionate about the company, but worked long hours to achieve their success.
Critical processes in the business were dependent on the directors, which made it difficult for them to take a break.
How we helped
Using the Mustard Diagnostic, we were able to identify where the company was doing well, and what was missing in the foundations for stable, sustainable growth.
Working closely with the directors, we were able to help them with:
- Clarifying and documenting the vision for the business
- Creating an ambitious 3 year plan for stable and sustainable growth
- Creating a model of the future organisation, and trigger points to hire additional team members
- Systemising the client acquisition and project management processes so that they could operate consistently with minimum input from the directors
- Support the directors through the challenges of the Covid pandemic
Since we have been working with Jammy Custard, they have seen:
- 4 x growth in turnover
- Increased the team from 3 to 5, with further vacancies being created
- Significant increase in profitability
- Attracting prestigious clients who value the quality of their work, and allow them more creative freedom
- Client acquisition and project management processes can be carried out by less experienced team members, allowing Patrick to spend several weeks on paternity leave on the birth of his first child.